1. I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don't think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.
2. The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.
3. The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'
4. When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.
5. God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.
6. Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ, and seek to follow Him every day. Don't be swayed by the false values and goals of this world, but put Christ and His will first in everything you do.
7. No matter how prepared you think you are for the death of a loved one, it still comes as a shock, and it still hurts very deeply.
8. The word 'romance,' according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.
9. Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.
10. Death wasn't part of God's original plan for humanity, and the Bible calls death an enemy - the last enemy to be destroyed.
11. Heaven gives us hope and makes our present burdens easier to bear.
12. Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.
13. God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you.'
14. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
15. I am not going to Heaven because I have preached to great crowds or read the Bible many times. I'm going to Heaven just like the thief on the cross who said in that last moment: 'Lord, remember me.'
16. The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.
17. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.
18. Racial prejudice, anti-Semitism, or hatred of anyone with different beliefs has no place in the human mind or heart.
19. Many churches of all persuasions are hiring research agencies to poll neighborhoods, asking what kind of church they prefer. Then the local churches design themselves to fit the desires of the people. True faith in God that demands selflessness is being replaced by trendy religion that serves the selfish.
20. My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world.
21. Once you've lost your privacy, you realize you've lost an extremely valuable thing.
22. Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.
23. A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
24. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
25. The time has come for all evangelists to practice full financial disclosure. The world is watching how we walk and how we talk. We must have the highest standards of morality, ethics and integrity if we are to continue to have influence.
26. The framers of our Constitution meant we were to have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
27. It is not the body's posture, but the heart's attitude that counts when we pray.
28. Racism and injustice and violence sweep our world, bringing a tragic harvest of heartache and death.
29. A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
30. Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.
31. Self-centered indulgence, pride and a lack of shame over sin are now emblems of the American lifestyle.
32. No parent is perfect; we all can look back and think of things we could've done to help our children be better prepared for adulthood. And sometimes it's best to admit it to them and encourage them to learn from our mistakes.
33. Auschwitz stands as a tragic reminder of the terrible potential man has for violence and inhumanity.
34. I believe that the greatest form of prayer is praise to God.
35. The time has come for all evangelists to practice full financial disclosure. The world is watching how we walk and how we talk. We must have the highest standards of morality, ethics and integrity if we are to continue to have influence.
36. The great question of our time is, 'Will we be motivated by materialistic philosophy or by spiritual power?'
37. Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.
38. God has given us two hands - one to receive with and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing.