1. Today's church wants to be raptured from responsibility.
2. world has lost the power to blush over its vice; the Church has lost her power to weep over it.
3. Many of us are hunting mice - while lions devour the land.
4. How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don't even have the strength to turn off your TV?
5. Is the world crucified to you tonight? Or does it fascinate you?
6. If the whole church goes off into deception, that will in no way excuse us for not following Christ.
7. Many pastors criticize me for taking the Gospel so seriously. But do they really think that on Judgment Day, Christ will chastise me, saying, 'Leonard, you took Me too seriously'?
8. You can't develop character by reading books. You develop it from conflict.
9. That world outside there is not waiting for a new definition of Christianity, it's waiting for a new demonstration of Christianity.
10. Children can tell you what Channel 7 says, but not what Matthew 7 says.
11. Some women will spend thirty minutes to an hour preparing for church externally (putting on special clothes and makeup, etc.). What would happen if we all spent the same amount of time preparing internally for church - with prayer and meditation?
12. When there's something in the Bible that churches don't like, they call it 'legalism.'
13. The Church used to be a lifeboat rescuing the perishing. Now she is a cruise ship recruiting the promising.
14. You can have all of your doctrines right - yet still not have the presence of God.
15. The question isn't were you challenged. The question is were you changed?
16. Our seminaries today are turning out dead men.
17. Could a mariner sit idle if he heard the drowning cry? Could a doctor sit in comfort and just let his patients die? Could a fireman sit idle, let men burn and give no hand? Can you sit at ease in Zion with the world around you damned?
18. Today Christians spend more money on dog food than missions.
19. Any method of evangelism will work if God is in it.
20. A true shepherd leads the way. He does not merely point the way.
21. No faith is required to do the possible; actually only a morsel of this atom-powered stuff is needed to do the impossible, for a piece as large as a mustard seed will do more than we have ever dreamed of.
22. John the Baptist never performed any miracles. Yet, he was greater than any of the Old Testament prophets.
23. Notice, we never pray for folks we gossip about, and we never gossip about the folk for whom we pray! For prayer is a great deterrent.
24. Our God is a consuming fire. He consumes pride, lust, materialism, and other sin.